Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Level Seventy Arms Race



So now my mage has reached the level cap. I even respecced to frost (arcane is still my true passion) just to play around. Now everyone in our guild's main group has a seventy alt, the race is over.

...

So now what?

Well as any seasoned World of Warcraft player knows, the game doesn't end at level seventy. In fact one could say that it actually begins there. Alot of content opens up for a level seventy player; like dailies, heroics, and raids. Dailies bring an extra spice to the game and allow you to complete quests even if you done just about ever quest imaginable in Outland. On top of that, they can be completed again every day. Heroics are Outland dungeons that have been scaled up in difficulty. Monsters inside will hit harder, dish out more damage, and bosses might even have a new trick.

Raids, however, is a different story. Our guild is rather small and insular. I can see eight players being online at the same time, but even then the stars have to align. The problem is that the starting raid instance, Karazhan, requires ten people. Not only that, but some people just aren't cut out for the challenge raids provide. Raids are long, difficult, and tend to make people cranky after dieing for the umpteenth time. I'm looking forward to the day my guild throws their hat into the ring, but I guess for now we'll be running heroics and getting some nice purples.

But all work and no play make Jack a dull kid. WoW isn't the only game I want to play. I deserve a little "me" time now right?

No comments: